Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fall 2009



After a sad farewell to London, I made my way home (and Air Canada lost my luggage). Here I was. Back at home. It was humid, hot and sticky... a climate I never missed all that much.

I settled in with various freelance positions that kept me busy until Christmas (ok, very busy...). I was contributing to the Cheek Magazine blog, copywriting for various companies like Private Service Realty, media relations for the One of a Kind Christmas Show 2009, contributing to Marketing Edge Magazine and consulting with the Gingerich Group on creative endeavours we were planning to embark on come January. So ya, I was busy but I loved it.

The One of a Kind Show was an experience of exceptional value and I was able to network and work alongside some of the city's finest. Plus, to be involved in a show that really supports Canadian artists from so many different walks of life, is a beautiful experience in itself. Yes, it was demanding and a challenge for me everyday- but I now have it has a great tool I was able to learn so much from. Press releases, fact sheets, organizing television interviews and ensuring coverage kept me on my toes from 4 am until the wee hours of the night.

Collaborating on the re-branding of the Gingerich Group, the team, brand and website was one of my most exciting projects to date. The new websites reflects a fresh team, in-the-know informants and professionalism, while constantly updating clients and readers on the daily happenings of the Gingerich Group through the "Red Thread" Blog. Launching the Red Thread in Februrary 2010, we immediately had a grand scale response. Our blog boasts 50, 000-70,000 hits a month, not to mention the feedback through comments and emails.

With the blog, I was able to interview, video, edit and learn new techniques to really grab the attention of our busy clients. The wonderful support and creative freedom allotted to me as Creative Director at the Gingerich Group has allowed for me to expand my thinking and work on huge and exciting projects.

Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment